Tuesday 13 September 2011

Double Happiness

Way back almost one whole year ago, on the 25th of September in a little town called Milan, Raf Simons presented the wonderful Jil Sander Womenswear Ready to Wear Spring Summer 11 collection. Receiving critical acclaim for this standout collection, there were three key trends that emerged.

The first - Pop Colour Brights. Well, we all know how big that has gotten around town.
The second - Exaggerated minimalist silhouettes, ie. Minimalism Maximised. Think about all those maxi skirts you are wearing now.
And finally - The Two Bags.

Jil Sander SS 11 RTW, Style.com

The Two Bags has been slowly creeping up on our agenda, with many the fashion blogger and street style walker cottoning on to the power of having Two Handbags. 

In February, online vintage marketplace Shifting Clothes identified and commented on the trend via their blog.

ShiftingClothes.com


And super Fashion Blogger Suzie Bubble even posted her version of The Two Handbags in her post Bagsy Me in August (ok so she took it to three - but that's what we love her for, maximising the trend). 

Bagsy Me, Style Bubble 

But, now I feel the trend is about to EXPLODE! I believe the sheer brilliance of the complete Jil Sander SS11 collection meant that The Two Bags trend had been overshadowed.  I actually even remember getting extremely excited by the Jil Sander shopper bags - even posting them on my Facebook page with one word - love. (How then, did I manage to covet these bags so, and not pick up on the Two Bags? I must be more observant next time.) And now that we have settled into the whole pop colours and maxi skirts thing, its time to shine The Two Bags. 

Now - I know many of us females will say, "but I already carry two bags - one with my purse and all my daily essentials, and another cotton shopper tote with all the excess (such as lunch) that I can't carry in my smaller bag". But The Two Handbags trend is all about having two awesome fashion bags, and incorporating it into your outfit. That is, don't use the free shopper bag you got at the supermarket as your larger tote!

I would recommend scouring Asos. With 394 styles of bags (as at time of posting), you are bound to find two that you will like. Personally, I am going for the Premium Leather Colour Block Shopper in Camel/Black offset by the pop-tastic Orange Leather Mini Twist Lock Saddle Bag. If I am going to be carry off the The Two Bags trend, I may as well chuck in the Pop Colour Blocking trend in there too!

Colour Block Shopper, $103.84, Asos.com

Mini Twist Lock Saddle Bag, $23.96, Asos.com


No comments:

Post a Comment